End the horrors against Rohingya children
Violence has forced more than 600,000 Rohingya people to flee from Myanmar to neighbouring Bangladesh. More than half of whom are children. Australia needs to do everything it can to stop the violence.
Australian diplomats are attending the Asia Europe Foreign Ministers meeting in Myanmar this November. This is our chance to intervene on the world stage. We are asking Australia to say clearly: 'enough is enough.'
The Australian Government should use its influence to ensure the Myanmar Government:
- Stops violence in Northern Rakhine State
- Allows full and unhindered humanitarian access to all people in need in Rakhine State
- Permits the UN Fact-finding mission full access to Myanmar
- Supports the return of Rohingya refugees to their places of origin in a voluntary, safe, sustainable and dignified manner
- Begins a process to bring perpetrators to justice”
Together we can end the horrific violence and give a better future to children.