Walk together for freedom
Join us at the Walk Together March on 21 October, 11 am, in locations around Australia.
People all over the country are coming together to march through cities, towns and communities, and in one voice tell refugees: you are welcome here, you are safe.
This year’s theme is ‘freedom’:
- Freedom to hope - an end to indefinite detention
- Freedom to belong - a pathway to citizenship for people on temporary visas
- Freedom to be yourself - ending discrimination and racism
Walks are happening in towns and cities around Australia:
- Melbourne: 11am - 2pm, State Library to Treasury Gardens
- Sydney, 11am - 2pm, Hyde Park to First Fleet Park
- Brisbane, 11am - 2pm, South Brisbane War Memorial Park to QUT Gardens
- Adelaide, 11am - 2pm, Victoria Square to Pennington Gardens
- Perth, 11am - 2pm, Russel Square
- Canberra, 11am - 2pm, Civic Square to Glebe Park
- Hobart, 11am - 2pm, Parliament Sqaure
- Darwin, 11am - 2pm, Charles Darwin University to Jingili Water Gardens